About Kiwanis Club of Gainesville
The Gainesville Kiwanis Club is made up of business and community leaders. We have members who are Hall County natives as well as newcomers to the area. We are made up of men and women, some of us in the prime of our professional lives and some retired from successful and fulfilling careers. We are dedicated to serving the children of our community, and we have a great time doing it!
Kiwanis Club of Gainesville meets weekly on Tuesday:
- Time: 12:00pm Lunch; 12:30pm Meeting
- Location: First Baptist Church Banquet Hall, 751 Green St NW, Gainesville, GA
The Kiwanis Georgia District has 18 divisions, 149 clubs and 5,031 members.
2021 District Governor: George Elkiins, LaGrange, GA
2021 Executive Director: Alexia Lieber
Our club is a part of Division 8 which has 8 clubs and 280 members
2021 Lieutenant Governor: Kevin Boyd, Gainesville Club
The Gainesville Kiwanis Culbs is the 5th largest club in Georgia, behind Atlanta, Marietta, Augusta and Moultrie.
About Kiwanis International:
Kiwanis was founded in Detroit, Michigan on January 21, 1915.
One year later it became an international organization when it was extended into Canada. Today over 307,000 Kiwanis clubs are found in 67 nations world-wide.
The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International were approved by Kiwanis club delegates at the 1924 International Convention in Denver, Colorado. Through the decades, they have remained unchanged.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill